- 3 possible positions: front facing in, back carry, hip carry
- No infant insert necessary
- Padded, adjustable waistband provides lumbar support
- Padded shoulder straps
- Seat adjusts to grow with child
- Wide-leg, hip-healthy seat positioning
- Stowaway sleeping hood
For those who can’t get a carrier to feel tight enough, no matter how much you mess with the straps, the Adapt carrier crisscross strap option makes for a closer fit. Another bonus of the crisscross formation is that it puts the buckles up front where you can readily access them (versus the standard Ergobaby carrier design of clasping the buckle together behind your shoulder blades).
Another helpful feature is the seat of the carrier adjusts from small to medium to large for growing babies: color-coded lines inside let you easily change the seat size, and straps on the bucket seat tighten and loosen fabric to put thigh support where it’s needed at each stage. Best of all, you don’t need an infant insert (which can make babies hot and sweaty) to use this with newborns. The padded headrest can be flipped up for more support, or folded down once your child has adequate head control.
Note: This carrier doesn’t have the large, zippered pocket seen on the Ergobaby Original Carrier where you could store a phone, keys, wallet and even a few diapers.
- 100% cotton
- Machine washable
- Weight range: 7-45 lbs
- Age range: 0-5 years (approximately)
- Sizing: Waist belt circumference from 26" to 55"; shoulder straps from 28" - 48"