This practical stroller frame is the perfect match to the Chicco Keyfit infant car seat.
Chicco KeyFit Caddy Stroller Frame
Availability: In Stock at Other Stores
- Audible click to signal Chicco Keyfit car seat is attached securely
- Ultra-light aluminum frame weighs less than 12 lbs
- One-hand fold
- Space saver during the newborn period
- Large, easy-to-access basket
The advantage of buying a stroller frame for your car seat (rather than a regular stroller with a car seat adaptor) is that the stroller frame is much lighter and takes up less room. Of course, the big downside is that it only works until your little one outgrows your infant car seat. If you’re going to buy a full stroller later, this frame might not really save you money. However, you may be very grateful for something super lightweight in the weeks following birth.
This is one of the best stroller frame options for a newborn if you have a Chicco Keyfit car seat, but keep in mind it won’t work with other car seats. The advantage of buying a Chicco frame rather than a generic frame for your Chicco car seat is that it attaches more easily and securely (with a click rather than a strap).
Parents like the spacious, easy-to-reach basket on this stroller frame. A minus (for this and most stroller frames) is that the handling might not be as smooth as on a regular stroller. It feels more like pushing a shopping cart. There’s also no sun protection canopy except for what’s provided by the carseat itself. It does fold one-handed though, and features built-in cup holders.
- Weight of stroller: 11.2 lbs
- Child weight limit: 22 lbs with Keyfit seat, or 30 lbs with Keyfit 30 seat
- Storage basket weight limit: 10 lbs
- Child height limit: Depends on car seat used with frame
- Wheels: Plastic
- Suspension: All wheels
- Cleaning & maintenance: Handwash cold water / lubricate moving parts
- Dimensions Unfolded: 37.2” x 20” x 35.5”
- Dimensions Folded: 19.8" x 11.5" x 33.5"
User Reviews (2)
Have advice you'd like to share about this product? Write a review
This was perfect for the first six months, before she outgrew her first car seat. It was easy to assemble and pack up and store. It was very convenient because of the large storage compartment underneath and little storage compartments near the handle.
The stroller frame is compact enough to fit in my small trunk, and is easy to open and close with one hand. The things I don't like is that when pushing it, it's kind of hard to control, and feels like a shopping cart with a wonky wheel. The frame is light but feels a little cheap.